There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Unit testing with JUnit is a practical blog post that helps you to write your first unit tests with Kotlin and JUnit 5.
- Using PowerMock to Mock Static Methods is a good blog post that describes how you can mock static methods with PowerMock when you are using JUnit 4. Also, even though some people think that mocking static methods is a bad practice, this technique can be really useful when you are writing tests for legacy code.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Database Testing is a good blog post that identifies six things that which help you to ensure that the correct data is saved to your database.
- How to Get the Benefits of Dev-Tester Pairing is a thought-provoking blog post which identifies the benefits of pairing developers with testers. Also, this blog post give you some basic tips that help you to get started with this practice.
- Recommended Free Tools to Help Your Testing is a useful blog post which shares 15 tools that will make your life easier when you are testing your application.