There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers.
That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- A tool for Spring MockMvcRequestBuilder to post form objects easily introduces a nice helper library that helps you to submit large forms when you are writing automated tests with Spring MVC Test framework.
- The Three Laws of TDD is a webinar recorded by Uncle Bob. He identifies the three laws of test driven development and demostrates how you can do test driven development with Kotlin.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Frustrations on system test automation efforts is a good blog post that explains why writing only end-to-end tests is a horrible idea.
- Never trust a passing test describes why should NOT trust a test that has never failed (for the right reason).
- Sometimes you are wrong provides a few tips that help you persuade someone else to agree with you and explains why using these tips might be a really bad idea.
- The business value of testing is an interesting blog post that helps you to understand the business value of testing and describes how this information will help you to select the right moment to stop testing.