There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Conditionally Disabling and Filtering Tests in JUnit 5 is a solid post that explains how you can disable tests when a specific condition is
trueand filter invoked tests by using JUnit 5 tags.
- Writing End-to-End Tests With Spock Framework – Configuration (Spring Edition) is a free sample lesson of my Test With Spring course. This lesson describes how you can create a custom Spock extension that configures Selenium WebDriver and injects the created
WebDriverobject into your Spock specification.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- How do you decide what to automate? is a thought-provoking post that introduces 7 things that you have to take into account when you decide what kind of automated tests you should write.
- The Many Advantages of Pair Testing is an interesting post that identifies six benefits of pair testing.
- The Practical Test Pyramid: Unit Testing is the second part of this article, and it provides a quick introduction to unit testing.
- Why Testers Need to be Involved Early is an excellent blog post which argues that testers should be invited to all design meetings as soon as possible.