There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Dynamic tests in JUnit 5 provides a quick introduction to dynamic tests and compares it with parameterized tests written with JUnit 4. By the way, if you want to know how you can write parameterized tests with JUnit 5, you should take a look at this blog post.
- JUnit 5 Tutorial: Writing Assertions With Hamcrest is the latest part of my JUnit 5 tutorial, and it describes how you can write assertions by using Hamcrest matchers.
- REST Assured with Groovy is a practical blog post that describes how you can leverage the syntax of Groovy programming language when you are writing automated tests with REST Assured.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Automation Testing, The Ultimate Guide: 74 Resources, Tools & Best Practices for Test Automation is a very comprehensive tutorial that helps you to get started with automated testing. It helps you to solve the most common problems faced by people who start writing automated tests and provides a huge list of test automation tools that can be useful to you.
- Maintaining Value – Automation’s Forgotten Cost is an interesting post that identify things which are often forgotten when people start to write automated tests for the first time.
- Why we test — do things faster with Test-Driven Development is an interesting post which explains why doing TDD is faster than doing manual checking.
- Working with all levels of ignorance is a thought-provoking post that explains why testing is not just a programming problem.