There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Easy integration testing for Java EE and MicroProfile applications with Testcontainers is an excellent blog post that describes how you can start a Docker container that runs your Java EE application and write integration tests for the started application.
- MockK: A Mocking Library for Kotlin is a practical blog post that provides an introduction to the MockK mocking library.
- Test Execution Order in JUnit 5 is a practical blog post that describes how you can change the execution order of your test methods.
- Test Your Spring Boot Applications with JUnit 5 is a comprehensive blog post that describes how you can implement a REST API with Spring Boot and write both unit and integration tests for your REST API.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Comparing TDD flavours is a thought-provoking blog post that compares the classic TDD with the London school of TDD. Also, this blog post identifies the strengths and weaknesses of both schools. This information is useful if you want to use the best tool for the job.
- Tests Should Not Be Optional is an excellent blog post which argues that code that has no tests should be considered defective.