There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Introduction to EasyMock is a practical post that helps you to get started with EasyMock.
- The pragmatic migration to JUnit 5 describes how you can add JUnit 5 to a code base which already has a lot of tests which use JUnit 4 (or 3).
- Property-based Testing in Java: Jqwik – a JUnit 5 Test Engine explains why Jqwik is implemented as an additional JUnit 5 test engine and describes how you can write more advanced property based tests with Jqwik.
- WireMock Tutorial: Introduction provides a quick introduction to WireMock. After you have read this blog post, you can identify its key features, you know when you should use it, and you can get the required dependencies with Maven and Gradle.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- The Who, What, When, and How of Pair Testing provides a very good introduction to pair testing. I especially like the fact that the author explains how everyone (and not just testers) can do pair testing and benefit from it.
- To automate or not to automate is a thought-provoking blog post that reminds you about one very important thing: you should never write automated tests just because it is a best practice.