There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Consumer-Driven Contracts by Example provides a quick introduction to Spring Cloud Contracts. This post explains how you can use consumer-driven contracts when you are writing tests for a project that consists of two separate APIs.
- Spring Boot inter-service communication testing with WireMock explains how you can use WireMock when you are writing integration tests for a Spring Boot application that communicates with an external REST API.
- WireMock Tutorial - Configuration describes how you can configure WireMock from the scratch when you are using JUnit 5.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Non-determinism in tests is an interesting post which describes why non-deterministic tests are dangerous and identifies two most common mistakes that lead into writing non-deterministic tests. Naturally, this post also helps you to avoid these mistakes.
- Where Are Your Bug Reports? is a thought-provoking post which argues that the value of testing activities cannot be measured by using the number of created Jira issues.
- Why Am I Writing This Test? is an excellent blog post which identifies three reasons why you should write automated tests.