There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Getting Started With Mockito (1) helps you get the required dependencies with Maven, describes how you can use Mockito with JUnit and TestNG, and identifies four best practices that help you to write better unit tests.
- How to Effectively use Groovy GPath in REST Assured – Part 2: GPath JSON describes how you can leverage the GPath expressions of Groovy programming language when you are writing assertions for the data returned by the tested REST API.
- Introduction to Continuous Integration with JHipster identifies the benefits of continuous integration and describes how you can get start doing continuous integration when you are using JHipster, SonarCube, and Jenkins.
- Serenity BDD with Spring and JBehave helps you to integrate Serenity BDD with Spring Framework and describes how you can write automated tests for your Spring applications by using Serenity BDD and JBehave.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- 3 lessons from the test automation school of hard knocks is an excellent blog post that identifies three lessons the author has learned the hard way. I recommend that you will read this blog post because you really want to avoid making these mistakes.
- Impact of Test Automation in my Everyday Worklife explains that event the smallest test automation effort can have a real impact to your every day work.
- When Automation Has Bugs is a great blog post which identifies four questions that will help you determine if your test suite is really as useful as you think.