There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Get Started With JUnit 5 is a free (seven part) email course that helps you to start writing unit tests with JUnit 5.
- Database testing with Citrus is an interesting post that describes how you can write tests for your data access code with Citrus Framework.
- Inline unit tests in Clojure is an excellent blog post that describes how you can setup a simple Clojure project and write a simple function that has inline unit tests (unit tests are added to the same file as the function).
- TestContainers and Spring Boot is an interesting blog post that describes how you can write an integration test for a Spring Data JPA repository when you are using Spring Boot and a docker container that runs the PostgreSQL database.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Introduction to Security Testing is a helpful post that explains what kind things you should test if you want to get started with security testing.
- Remove the automated tests that do not provide any value is a thought-provoking blog post that makes a very good point: you can (and in some case you should) delete automated tests from your codebase.
It’s Time to Update Your Dependencies
No updates this week.