There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Getting Tests to Pass in Java 8 is a cautionary tale that demonstrates why you shouldn’t write code that depends on undefined JVM behavior.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Automation nibbles at your job is a yet another (but a very thought-provoking) blog post about automated testing versus manual testing.
- Common Pitfalls When Writing BDD Specifications identifies three mistakes people make when they are writing BDD specifications.
- Trustworthy Tests describes why you should not trust a test that has never failed and explains why it’s a good idea to break your tests on purpose.
- We had a unit test once which only failed on Sundays explains why your unit tests should not depend from the current time.