There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- JUnit Custom Display Name Generator API is a practical blog post that describes how you can implement a custom
DisplayNameGeneratorwith JUnit 5.
- Running your elasticsearch integration tests with JUnit 5, Karate and TestContainers is an interesting blog post that explains how you can start a new ElasticSearch server before your test methods are run and write integration tests which use the started ElasticSearch server.
- Selenium – Headless Webdriver Tests provides a quick introduction to headless WebDriver tests. It identifies both the pros and cons of headless tests, and describes how you can run headless tests if you are using the Chrome web browser.
- Testing a Spring Boot application with KotlinTest is a nice blog post that describes how you can write a simple integration test with KotlinTest.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Shift Left or Shift Right – Discovering what is in the bottle is an excellent blog post that introduces two different "processes or techniques" which help you to write better software.
It's Time to Update Your Dependencies
No updates this week.