There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Sample Lesson: Introduction to TestContainers is the latest sample video of my Test With Spring course. It describes how you can run Docker containers with TestContainers.
- Optimizing Spring Integration Tests is a quite comprehensive blog post that describes how you can write faster integration tests for Spring (web) applications.
- Property-based Testing in Java: Patterns to Find Properties is an excellent blog post that provides a quick introduction to different patterns that help you to find properties and takes a closer look at three patterns.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Lean Testing or Why Unit Tests are Worse than You Think is an interesting blog post that explains why integration or end-to-end tests can give better ROI than unit tests. Also, you might want to take a look at the Hacker News discussion as well.
- Testing does not improve quality – but a tester often does! is a thought-provoking post which makes an excellent point: if you use testing only because you want to ensure that your code is working as expected, testing doesn’t help you to improve quality.