There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- A Look at New Java Features in Test Automation is a useful blog post that provides five tips which help you to write clean tests if you are using new Java versions (8 or newer).
- HttpMocker: A simple HTTP mocking library for Kotlin to handle offline modes provides a quick introduction to a library which allows you to configure the HTTP response that is returned when the system under test sends an HTTP request to a remote API.
- JUnit 5 TestWatcher API is a helpful blog post that describes how you can process your test results with JUnit 5.
- MockMvc Kotlin DSL provides a quick introduction to the Kotlin support of the Spring MVC Test framework.
- Property-based Testing in Java: How to Specify it introduces a Java version of the paper: How to Specify It! This paper was originally written by John Hughes, and it describes five generic approaches to writing properties.
The Really Valuable Stuff
This section is left blank because I didn’t find any interesting blog posts. :(