There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Introducing springmock introduces a new library that allows you to inject Spock mocks and spies into your Spock specification classes when you are writing integration tests for Spring or Spring Boot applications.
- Kotlintest and property based testing describes how you can write property-based tests by using the Kotlintest library.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- A Look At Test Automation and 'Test Automators' - Inspired From Alan Page's Tweets is a very thought-provoking blog post that contains the author's reaction to Alan Page's tweets about automated testing.
- Consistency and Testability is a very interesting blog post which explains that the technical inconsistencies found from your application can make your application harder to test.
- How I continuously hone my skills and why you should too identifies five things that you can do to stay relevant (by the way, here is my list) and explains why you should do at the least some of these things.
- Unit Testing Implementation: The Plan identifies four elements that should be included in your unit testing plan that describes how your organization will help its employees to start writing unit tests.