There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- How to Test Logging in Java Part Two: Parallel Boogaloo is an interesting blog post that explains how you can write automated tests for logging when you want to run your tests in parallel. Also, you should read the first part of this series as well.
- JUnit 5 – Dynamic Tests is an excellent blog post that describes how you can specify test cases at runtime with JUnit 5.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Best practices vs. good practices in software testing is an extremely important blog post that explains why you should use the phrase: “good practices” instead of the phrase: “best practices”.
- Hindsight lessons about API testing is a thought-provoking post that helps you to write better tests for your REST APIs (or APIs in general).
- What is Exploratory Testing — the Programmer Edition is an excellent blog post that describes what exploratory testing is and explains why you should start doing it.