There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- End-to-End Microservice Tests with Cucumber and Spring Boot describes how you can write end-to-end tests for an application which consists of several Spring Boot microservices by using Cucumber.
- How to Effectively use Groovy GPath in REST Assured – Part 3: GPath XML describes how you can write assertions for the XML documents returned by the tested controller methods.
- Sharing State Between steps in Cucumber-JVM Using Guice describes how you can divide your large step classes into smaller classes by using Guice.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Defining Continuous Testing for Myself defines the term continuous testing and explains how it is related to continuous delivery.
- Fast Automation is a very thought-provoking post which argues that writing good tests is not a simple task.
- Getting Fast and Consistent Automation identifies six principles that help you to write both fast and consistent tests.
- On Teaching Developers to Test is an interesting post that explains why the author decided to start teaching testing to developers, describes how she actually did it, and identifies the problems that had to be solved during this "process".