There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers.
That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Cucumber anti-patterns (part one) identifies six anti-patterns that are found from Cucumber tests. The interesting thing about this post is that it is useful even if you are not using Cucumber because you can apply its lessons to your unit and/or integration tests which use JUnit or TestNG.
- How to simplify JPA and Hibernate integration testing using Java 8 lambdas describes how the Hibernate team uses lambda expressions for removing transaction handling logic from their unit and integration tests.
- Running Robot Framework’s Remote Server as Java Agent provides step-by-step instructions that help you to start the Robot Framework’s remote server as a Java agent.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Maximizing the Value of Test Automation identifies four characteristics of a valuable test suite and describes how you can maximize the value of your test suite by addressing these four key areas.
- Test Automation Vision is an interesting blog post that describes five rules which help you to create a “human-centered” test automation strategy.
It’s Time for Feedback
Because I want to make this newsletter worth your time, I am asking you to help me make it better.
- If you have any feedback about this newsletter, share your thoughts on the comment section.
- If you have written a blog post about automated testing or software testing, ping me on Twitter.
- You can share this blog post on Twitter.
P.S. If you want to make sure that you don’t ever miss Java Testing Weekly, you should subscribe my newsletter.