There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- How to Specify the Offset of a Timestamp in a DbUnit Data Set is a practical blog post that describes how you can use time offsets in your DbUnit data sets.
- Writing Addons With TestProject is the latest part of my TestProject tutorial. It explains how you can remove duplicate code from your test suite by writing a custom TestProject addon.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Testing isn’t everything is a thought-provoking blog post which argues that automated testing is just a tool and sometimes it can do more harm than good.
- Testing in production: Yes, you can (and should) is a good blog which explains why you shouldn’t be afraid of testing your application in the production environment.
- Testing, Integration, and Contracts – Part 1 and Part 2 is an interesting two part tutorial that describes the difference between integration and integrated testing and the difference between edge-to-edge and end-to-end testing.