There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Spring and DynamoDB Integration Testing is an interesting blog post that describes how you can write integration tests for a Spring application which uses DynamoDB (Tip: TestContainers to the rescue).
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Are Tests Valuable is an excellent blog post which argues that automated tests will help you to understand existing code.
- Better Test Code Principles: Use proper naming, for everything is a thought-provoking blog post which explains why you should pay attention to naming when you are writing automated tests.
- Making a case for less automation explains why you should think twice before you add new tests to your test suite.
- What to Put in a Smoke Test is a good blog post that explains why it’s a good idea to keep your smoke tests as simple as possible.