There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Writing End-to-End Tests With Spock Framework – Rendering Data is a free sample lesson of my Test With Spring course. It explains how you can write end-to-end tests for features that render data.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- 10 Misguided Reasons Not To Hire Testers is an excellent blog post that introduces 10 misconceptions that are often used as excuses when a person doesn’t want to hire more (or any) testers.
- On automation implementation frustration describes why it’s extremely important to ensure that your clients and colleagues understand that writing automated tests isn’t something you do only once. The author of this post argues that test automation is a continues effort, and it’s easy to agree with him.
- Testing is not quality assurance is an excellent blog post that provides 4 reasons why testing is not quality assurance.
- The Testing Tool Spreadsheet (Needs You) announces the release of a Google Docs spreadsheet that contains a crowd sourced list of testing tools.