There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers.
That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Robot Framework Tutorial 2016 – Wrap-Up and Conclusion is the final post of Codecentric’s new Robot Framework tutorial. It identifies the pros and cons of Robot Framework and answers to the question: “Should the users of the application write tests for it?”.
- Testing Spring MVC with Spring Boot 1.4: Part 1 describes how you can write unit tests for Spring MVC controllers by using the testing enhancements that are provided by Spring Boot 1.4+.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Flipping The Reversed Test Pyramid describes the challenges that you face if you ignore integration and unit tests, and write only integration tests.
- Should test automation be left to developers? describes why test automation should be left to developers and explains why it is not a good idea. Confused? If so, you might want to read this blog post.
- The temptation to split dev and test work in sprints – don’t do it! is an excellent post which argues that testing and development should always done in the same sprint. Also, it explains why it is a bad idea to have separate development and testing columns on your sprint board and describes why you must do some testing even if your team has dedicated testers.
It’s Time to Update Your Dependencies
No updates this week.