There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Leaking domain knowledge to tests is an excellent blog post that describes why it's a bad idea to duplicate the implementation of the system under specification.
- Writing End-to-End Tests With Spock Framework - Forms is a free sample lesson of my Test With Spring course. It describes how you can write end-to-end tests for features that submit a form.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Four Common Mistakes That Make Automated Testing More Difficult is a thought-provoking post which reveals both design and testing mistakes that make automated testing more difficult.
- A stability strategy for test automation is an interesting post that describes how you can detect "hidden" problems by running so called stability builds at night.
- Mapping Biases to Testing: An Inconvenient Truth is a solid post which explains why doing too much testing can be a bad thing if you don't analyze the pros and cons of your actions.
- Unit Testing and Test Automation: Two Things You're Not Doing Enough Of is a thought-provoking post which argues that you should write more unit tests and take advantage of other forms of test automation.
It's Time to Update Your Dependencies
No updates this week.