There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Creating Test Stages With JUnit is a comprehensive blog post that describes how you can divide your tests into multiple categories that can be run separately when you are using either JUnit 4 or JUnit 5.
- JUnit 5 Tutorial: Running Unit Tests With Maven is the first part of my JUnit 5 tutorial, and I updated it because of the changes made to both JUnit 5.4.0 and Maven Surefire Plugin.
- The testable Lambda – A lightweight approach with Dependency Injection is an interesting blog post that describes how you can use dependency injection for writing a testable lambda and explains how you can write tests for your lambda.
- Using TestProject Actions in Our Test Classes is the latest part of my TestProject tutorial, and it describes you can leverage TestProject actions in your test code.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Modern Testing Principles provides a quick overview of the seven modern testing principles created by Alan Page and Brent Jensen.
- Testing your contracts (2/5) provides an introduction to Pact that helps you to write contract tests.