About eight months I ago I wrote a blog post that asked one question: What prevents you from writing automated tests?
The answers of my survey were not a surprise to me because I had struggled to solve the same problems in the past.
The top four obstacles were:
- We have no time to write tests because managers pressure us to write new features.
- Our requirements are changing constantly and our existing tests make this change harder.
- Configuring integration and end-to-end tests is too hard.
- Creating stable test data that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance is too hard.
Since I have a lot of experience from dealing with these problems and writing Spring web applications, I decided to create the Test With Spring course that helps you to write automated tests for Spring web applications.
What Will I Learn From It?
The course is divided into three packages:
- The starter package teaches you to write unit tests for Spring web applications. The goal of this package is to help you to write unit tests that document your code and embrace change.
- The intermediate package helps you to write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests for Spring web applications. This package has three goals:
- It helps you to ensure that your backend is working as expected and unauthorized users cannot access the data of your users.
- It helps you understand how to create datasets that aren’t PITA to maintain.
- It helps you to write less brittle end-to-end tests that won’t explode when you change the user interface.
- The master package helps you get rid off Java and write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests by using Spock Framework. You will also have access to a monthly webinar for the next 12 months after your purchase. This webinar helps you to deepen your testing skills. The goal of this package is to help you to write less code and transform your test cases into executable specifications that can be read by domain experts.
What Does It Cost?
The list prices of each package are:
- The starter package costs $79.
- The intermediate package costs $179.
- The master package costs $299.
All prices are in US dollars. Also, the prices mentioned here do not contain VAT because it depends from your location. If you want to see the prices that include VAT, you can take a look at the course’s pricing table.
- If you buy the course during the next five days, you will get a 50% discount. This discount ends on 29th of April, 2016 at 23.59.99 EEST.
- If you buy the course before the starter package is released, you will get a 30% discount.
- If you buy the course before the intermediate package is released, you will get a 20% discount from the price of the unreleased packages (intermediate and master).
- If you buy the course before the master package is released, you will get a 10% discount from the price of the master package.
This your only chance to get a discount. After the course is released, I won’t offer any discounts (ever).
When Will I Get It?
You will get access to the course after your purchase. This means that you can watch the individual lessons even if the package has not been released yet.
Each package has a deadline that identifies the last possible publication date of the package. These deadlines are:
- The starter package: 15th of August, 2016.
- The intermediate package: 1st of November, 2016
- The master package: 1st of February, 2017
However, there is a catch! Because I want to finish each package as soon as possible, I will release them when they are done. This means I might release package before its deadline.
However, because I am offering a discount that decreases when a package is released, I will publish a notification about the release of a package one week before it will be released. I will publish this notification on my blog, share it on my social media channels, and send it to my email list.
If you have questions that aren’t answered by this blog post, you can ask them on the comment section.