There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers.
That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Integration testing strategies for Spring Boot microservices part 2 is the second part of a series that describes how you can write integration tests for Spring Boot applications that consist of multiple REST services. This time the author identifies the pros and cons of using Spring Test framework and describes how you can solve some of these problems by using the Cucumber test framework.
- Robot Framework Web-Template – Selenium2, PhantomJS, Basic Authentification introduces a template project that helps you to start writing automated tests for web applications by using Robot Framework, Selenium 2, and PhantomJS. Even though this blog post doesn’t describe how you can use these tools, the example project can be useful if you are ready to find the missing information yourself.
- TDD Harms Architecture in an interesting blog post that explains why TDD doesn’t harm the architecture of your application (even though some claim otherwise).
- Unit testing Anti-pattern – Not Asserting describes why it’s a horrible idea to write tests that have no assertions.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- First steps as a test automation coach is an excellent blog post that explains how the author used a 3-step process for helping multiple teams to improve their test automation efforts.