There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Bootiful Test Driven Development is an interesting post which explains how you can do TDD with Spring Boot. The best part of this blog post is that it provides step-by-step instructions which describe every change you have to make to your production or test code.
- Fluent Assertions with AssertJ provides a quick introduction to AssertJ.
- Mock? What, When, How? is a thought provoking blog post that provides three rules which help you to use mock objects in the correct way. By the way, I don't agree with all rules provided by the author, but I think that this post is still a good read.
- Testing auto-configurations with Spring Boot 2.0 is an advanced and very interesting blog post that explains how you can write automated tests for your auto-configuration classes.
- Writing Assertions With JUnit 5 Assertion API is the latest part of my JUnit 5 tutorial, and it describes how you can write assertions by using the "standard" assertion API of JUnit 5.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Explaining Software Testing is a great blog post which describes why testers cannot guarantee that the tested software works on production.