There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Integration Testing with Spring: Consumers is a practical blog post that helps you to write simple tests for a Spring MVC controller that invokes a remote HTTP API.
- Temporary directories in JUnit 5 Tests is a practical blog post that describes how you can write tests which use temporary directories.
- Write Dockerized End-to-End Tests With JUnit 5 and Selenium WebDriver is my guest post that is published on the TestProject blog, and it describes how can you write end-to-end tests which use a dockerized web browser.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Four Reasons You Should Test Input Validation is an important blog post which argues that you should always test your input validation rules even though this is a very boring task. By the way, I think that the best way to test these validation rules is to write automated tests which ensure that only valid data passes the validation phase.
- Parallelizing test automation? Read this first is a solid blog post that identifies six things that you have take into account before you run your automated tests in parallel.