There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Headers, Cookies and Parameters with REST-assured is a very practical blog post that describes how you can configure the headers, cookies, path variables, query parameters, and form parameters of your HTTP requests.
- JUnit 5 Tutorial: Writing Assertions With AssertJ describes how you can get the required dependencies with Maven and Gradle, write basic assertions with AssertJ, write soft assertions with AssertJ, and provide a custom error message that is shown when an assertion fails.
- Property-based Testing in Java: Introduction is the first part of the series: Properties Based Testing in Java. It provides an introduction to the author’s experience and identifies six topics that are covered by this tutorial.
- Property-based Testing in Java: From Examples to Properties is an interesting post that specifies the term: property and describes how you can write a simple property by using the jqwik library.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- 7 lessons from debugging a test automation framework is an interesting post that introduces 7 lessons the author learned when his team was debugging a problem found from their UI test suite. The moral of the story: don’t assume anything!
- Hindsight lessons about automation: Layers of automation is a thought-provoking post which identifies 8 software development activies that could benefit from automation. This post also provides useful that help you to get the most out of your automation activities. Also, keep in mind that test automation is not the only activity that helps you to get information about your software.