There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers.
That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Mockito 2.x over PowerMock Migration Tips and Tricks (Top Ten) describes how you can migrate your unit tests from Mockito 1.x to Mockito 2.x.
- The top five reasons you should be using JUnit 5 right now identifies five reasons why should stop waiting for the stable release and start using JUnit 5 right now.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Stop sweeping your failing tests under the RUG explains why you should fix your failing tests instead of running them until they pass (Retry Until Green). This is an extremely important advice because the fact is that if your tests fail on regular basis, no one will take your tests seriously and ACT when a test case fails.
- Prune Your Automation identifies nine different test types that should be pruned, explains why these tests were written, and describes how you can avoid writing them.
- Your Automation is Making You Less Agile is good blog post which describes how automated tests can make you less agile if you write your tests in the wrong way and explains how you can avoid writing "bad" tests.
Thanks for the linkback to our JUnit testing post, Petri! I'll make sure to let the author (Steve) know....
You are welcome. It is a good blog post and it convinced me that I should (finally) take a look at JUnit 5.