There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- JUnit 5 vs. Spock feature showdown is a very comprehensive blog post that compares the features of JUnit 5 and Spock Framework. The best part of this blog post is that it provides a lot of code examples that demonstrate how you can use the features of these testing tools.
- Writing End-to-End Tests With Spock Framework – Configuration (Spring Boot Edition) is a sample lesson of my Test With Spring course. It explains how you can start your Spring Boot application before your end-to-end tests are run and configure Selenium WebDriver by using a custom test execution listener.
- Writing end to end test for a microservices architecture describes how you can write automated tests for an application that uses microservices architecture. I wouldn’t call these tests end-to-end tests because these tests don’t invoke multiple microservices, but I think that this blog post is still useful because it demonstrates techniques that are useful if you have to write tests for an application that consists of microservices.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- How To Think Like a Software Tester is a good post that explains how you can think like a software and helps you to improve the way you think.
- My Automation’s Not Finding Bugs, But That’s OK is an interesting blog post that explains why your automated tests aren’t worthless even if they aren’t catching any bugs.