There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Importance of given-when-then in unit tests and TDD is a very important blog post that describes why you should use the given-when-then syntax when you are writing unit tests for your application.
- Running Parallel Tests in Docker explains how you can run parallel tests inside a Docker container by using the Arquillian Cube extension.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- If You Want to Write Code, Be a Developer is a thought-provoking post which argues that if you want to write code, you should be a developer (and not a tester who writes test code).
- Too Many Tests? describes what can happen if you pay no attention to the execution time of your automated tests. The thing is that your test suite valuable only if it gives you the information you need when you need it.
- We need talk about test data is a valuable blog post that identifies the questions you should ask when you are creating test data and describes how you can create useful test data for your automated tests.
- Why are you testing your software? is an interesting blog post which identifies the questions you should ask when you decide how many tests you have to write.
It's Time to Update Your Dependencies
- AssertJ Core 3.8.0
- AssertJ Core 2.8.0
- Arquillian Algeron Extension 1.0.0 Released
- Arquillian Container Chameleon 1.0.0.Beta2 Released
- Arquillian Container Weld Root POM 1.0.0.Final Released
- Arquillian Core 1.1.13.Final Released
- Arquillian Cube Extension 1.4.0 Released
- Arquillian Drone Extension 2.1.1 Released
- Arquillian Graphene 2.2.1 Released
- Arquillian RushEye 1.0.0 Released
- Arquillian ShrinkWrap Descriptors 2.0.0 Released
- Arquillian ShrinkWrap Resolver 3.0.0-beta-2 Released
- Arquillian Spacelift 1.0.1 Released
- Arquillian Transaction Extension 1.0.4 Released
- Arquillian Universe 188.8.131.52 Released