There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Hamcrest Common Core Matchers provides a practical introduction to the most common matchers found from Hamcrest Core.
- Mixing JUnit 4 and JUnit 5 tests is a helpful blog post that describes how you can run use both JUnit 4 and JUnit 5 in the same project.
- Open Test Alliance for the JVM aims to provide a standard for testing libraries that use JVM. At the moment this project contains only some commons errors and exceptions, but I hope that it will become more popular in the future.
- Testing REST and Messaging with Spring Cloud Contract at Devskiller is an interesting blog post that explains how the people working for Devskiller test their microservices by using Spring Cloud Contract. Note that this blog post doesn't contain any code. It concentrates on the principles which are used to write the actual contracts.
- Writing Specifications with Kotlin and Spek is a practical blog post that helps you describe the behavior of the system under specification with Kotlin and Spek.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Modern Testing Principles is an excellent blog post that introduces seven principles which help you to deliver more value to your customer.