There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Introduction to JUnitParams describes how you can write parameterized tests with JUnit 4 and JUnitParams.
- JUnit 5 – Parameterized Tests is a very comprehensive blog post that describes how you can write parameterized tests with JUnit 5.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Implementing Unit Testing – Leading Indicators (part 1) is an interesting post that identifies one metric that you should follow (hint: it’s not code coverage) when you are measuring your test automation efforts.
- Is your user interface-driven test automation worth the effort? is a valuable blog post which identifies four conditions which help you to decide if you are writing a valuable end-to-end test. Also, the author identifies two signals which tell you that you should just delete your test case(s).
- Know Thyself (And Thy Automation Tools) is a thought-provoking post that describes what kind of an effect your test automation tool has to your automated tests. It’s of course clear that the test automation tool has certain practices that you must follow when you write automated tests, but this tool can have other (and often overlooked) effects has well.
It’s Time to Update Your Dependencies
No updates this week.