There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- JMeter vs Gatling Tool is a nice blog post that compares these two popular load testing tools with each other.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- All I got for a week of programming was one lousy test script is an excellent blog post that describes the unexpected side effects of writing automated tests for your application.
- 6 reasons to co-locate your app and automation code is a good post that provides six reasons why you should put your production and test code to the same version control repository.
- Revisiting Testing vs Checking is an interesting post that provides an updated definition of testing and checking (automated testing) and explains the differences of these two activities.
- The art of the error message is an excellent blog post that describes why error messages matter and provides 4 tips that help you to write better messages. By the way, I added this post to this newsletter because good error messages make testing easier.
It's Time to Update Your Dependencies
No updates this week.