There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Testing Java/Kotlin code with Spock is a solid blog post which provides a very comprehensive introduction to Spock Framework.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- A Win-Win-Win situation with Exploratory Testing is a good blog post that describes what happened when the author performed an exploratory testing session for the Zalando website.
- JUnit Testing Discussion is an interesting Reddit discussion about the value of generated unit tests. The funny thing is that even though I think that test case generators aren't very useful in most situations, there are situationos when using these tools might make sense. For example, if you have to create tests for legacy code, using a test case generator might be a better choice than writing these tests manually.
- Your tests are code too is an important blog post which explains why you should take good care of your test code and gives you three tips which help you to write clean test code.
- Why You Shouldn't Use Cucumber for API Testing is an excellent blog post which explains why it's a bad idea to write API tests with Cucumber.