There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- 7 Open-Source Test Automation Frameworks introduces seven test automation frameworks and identifies the pros and cons of each framework.
- Integration Testing with Spring – Configurations is a practical blog post that describes how you can configure the application context configuration class which configures the application context of your integration tests.
- JUnit 5 Tutorial: Writing Nested Tests describes how you can create nested test classes with JUnit 5, and leverage setup and teardown methods in your nested tests.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Identifying and influencing how people in your team contribute to test automation is an excellent blog post that identifies three things that help people to be successful in any activity (access, skills, and motivation) and describes how you can use this information if you need to change the way your team works.
- Run the code samples in docs explains why you should run the code samples which you put to your API documentation.
- Testing vs Checking – A Flawed Argument? is an interesting post which explains why the "testing vs. checking" debate isn't useful to the testing community.
- Writing Automation is Easy describes why writing tests is hard even though it might seem easy. Also, the author explains how we can make things better.