There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Exploring the Jersey Test Framework is a practical blog post that helps you to write your first test with the Jersey Test Framework.
- Mocking as a Design Tool is well-written and thought-provoking blog post that explains how you can use mocks as a design tool when you are doing TDD.
- Using JUnit 5 with Gradle is a practical guide that helps you to create a Gradle project which can compile and run tests that use JUnit 5. Also, this blog post explains how you can compile and run tests which use either JUnit 4 or 3.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Stop Automating Your Regression Tests (For Now) is a good blog post that describes why you shouldn’t start your test automation efforts by automating your regression tests. Also, the author identifies three questions that help you to get started with test automation.
- The Way of the Tester: 9. Do nothing which is of no use is a thought-provoking post which argues that we shouldn’t do anything that doesn’t add value to our product or process. However, the author also argues that often we can find value from surprising places.