There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- Exposing private state to enable unit testing is a good blog post that explains why you shouldn’t expose the private state of the tested unit to your unit tests and describes how you can write unit tests that doesn’t need to access the private state of the system under test.
- Mockito and JUnit 5 – Using ExtendWith is a hands-on guide that helps you to use Mockito annotations (such as the
@Mockannotation) with JUnit 5.
- Let’s stop writing automated end to end tests through the GUI explains why you shouldn’t write end-to-end tests by using Selenium WebDriver.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Testing will save time and money. is an excellent post that explains why testing will help you to save a lot of time and money.
- Yes, I am a manual tester and … is a great blog post that explains why trying to change the established terminology won’t help you to change the world (or even the way you and your colleagues work).