There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don't publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don't read blogs written by software testers.
That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let's get started.
- Robot Framework Introduction provides a very high level introduction to Robot Framework. If you have no idea what Robot Framework is, and you need to figure it out, this blog post will help you to get started.
- Managing test data in end-to-end test automation describes four different techniques that you can use for managing your test data when you are writing end-to-end tests.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- Do. Or do not… is an interesting blog post which argues that it's hard to figure out even half-decent test cases for an application if you are not familiar with the problem domain.
- Prototypes: to test or not to test, that’s the question explains why it isn't a good idea to write tests for prototypes and describes why it's a bad idea to write tests after you have decided to transform your prototype into a product.
- The One Page Test Plan is a thought-provoking post that describes why the one page test plan might work for you and provides seven different formats that you can use for creating your own one page test plan.
- Unit tests – deadline extenders or helpers? explains how unit tests help you to write code that can be changed long after you have finished it.