There are many software development blogs out there, but many of them don’t publish testing articles on a regular basis.
Also, I have noticed that some software developers don’t read blogs written by software testers. That is a shame because I think that we can learn a lot from them.
That is why I decided to create a newsletter that shares the best testing articles which I found during the last week.
Let’s get started.
- REST Assured ObjectMapper Serialization with JSON and XML describes how you can serialize objects by using Jackson and send the created JSON or XML in the request body.
- Testing on the Toilet: Only Verify State-Changing Method Calls is an excellent blog post which explains why you should verify only method calls that have side effects.
The Really Valuable Stuff
- On preventing your test suite from becoming too user interface-heavy is a good blog post that explains what kind of techniques you can use when you want to find the “best way” to test your application.
- TDD is hard, but it’s tough to beat well-tested code argues that TDD is worth doing even though it’s hard to get started.
- The Tester’s Mindset is a thought-provoking post that lists characteristics which the author see in the people who have the tester’s mindset. In other words, if you are wondering what it means to be a tester, you should take a look at this blog post.
It’s Time to Update Your Dependencies
No updates this week.
P.S. This is the last Java Testing Weekly of 2017. Happy holidays!